Rabbittude is the combination of two words, rabbit & attitude. That is simple, but what is the real meaning, the flavor of the word?
To get technical rabbits or bunnies are small mammals in the Lagomorph order. The male is a buck, the female is a doe and a baby rabbit is a kitten or kit. On the non tech human side, say rabbit and the response from many is ” …. awww bunnies, I love their fur, their big ears, their twitchy little noses, their personalities, soooo cute!”
According to Wikipedia, attitude is a person’s perspective toward a specified target and way of saying and doing things . Take the last paragraph where I talk about rabbits and combine it with this definition. There are two versions of rabbittude:
- In rabbits – A rabbit is comfortable enough in their environment to display their individual personality which can range widely from sweet and snuggly to quite sassy and bold.
- In humans – A deep love of rabbits.
To truly see the rabbit version of rabbittude, you have to experience a live rabbit when it is comfortable and just hanging out and being a bun. Now I am not recommending that anyone go out right now and get one as a pet, because rabbits can be a huge committment. Our current rabbits are now ten years old. That is a huge chunk of time if a rabbit is not your taste. It is also a very sad situation for rabbits each year who are turned in to shelters or abandoned outside. Here is what I will share here:
- Stories from twenty years experience living with rabbits – happy, sad, hilarious, you will get the full rabbit experience
- Information and resources on rabbit care
- Bunnyproofing tips & tricks for anyone who has a really feisty totally rabbittude rabbit
When I see the second version of rabbittude in humans, I usually see a collector of rabbits. You may have several pet rabbits or be involved in rabbit rescue work. Or you may not have live rabbits at all but love to collect art, figurines, comics, books or other items that feature rabbits. You may be a combination collector and have both live rabbits and surround yourself with rabbit items. I am a combination rabbit collector. Live rabbit collectors will enjoy what I already outlined above. For you collectors who like rabbits to stay where you put them, you will enjoy:
- Rabbit themed finds by other artists and crafters
- Some guest blogs or interviews
- What I am currently creating – I will be working to bring you into the process
Move forward with Rabbittude. Later today I will share just how many bunnies you can fit into a half bath.